Follow Me on Pinterest

Pages

My Family

My Family

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

8 Weeks Old- the stats

These boys need some lessons on posing for photos from their Nana and their Mimi.
So cute!

The photo qulity isn't great in these pics, but it's the best I could do with the time I had!


My sweet baby jack.





I included this because we see this a lot :)


Jack turned 8 weeks old yesterday and he had his 8-week check up at the doctor as well. He's very healthy and weighed in at 10 lbs 15 oz. His weight gain has been excellent and he's consistent in all areas on his growth chart. He's 25-50% in weight, which is espcially good considering he was born three weeks early. It's also good because he does have reflux. Some babies don't gain weight when they have reflus and that can present a pretty big problem. Fortunately, that's not the case for him. He's been on reflux medicine for about a week and a half now, and we had to up his dose a little to keep up with his weight gain. He's doing better on the medicine, but his symptoms are not 100% gone. The doctor said if he's not 100% better in one week, we'll swith him to the other medicine. He's also got some pretty bad baby acne which you can kind of see in some of these pictures. His face broke out really bad, and then turned scaly and flaky. However, nothing to be worried about. A little aquafor has worked wonders. He's also got a pretty bad case of cradle cap, and I'm working on that as well. Cradle cap isn't harmful, it's just unappealing. I don't have any close-up pics to share of that! He got three shots yesterday, so he was a little out of sorts the past 24 hours, but seems to be getting better today. He's doing everything he "should" be doing by 8 weeks old, so I feel so blessed that he's moving right along. I've been getting tons of smiles the past three or four days, with the ones today being the best. I'm happy to say he's got some adorable dimples just like his brother and his dad :) I'm a sucker for those Barnes' boys dimples. In some ways, those smiles help make up for the lack of sleep. They can turn my mood around in an instant. Davis is showing more interest in Jack lately, and likes to help me give him a bath and get his clothes out of the drawer. He'll retrieve burp cloths for me (we go through a dozen day with spit-up) and he's just generally aware of where Jack is and what he's doing (or where he should be). If we are going somewhere and I load Davis into the car first, he's quick to point out to me that we can't forget to bring babybrotherjack (all one word to Davis) with us in the car. The funniest is when Jack is screaming and Davis will just quietly walk up with a pacifier and hand it to me saying, "no whining babybrotherjack." Jack seems to be aware of Davis too. He will follow the sound of Davis' voice when he's nearby. I can't wait to see them play together one day!


These 8 weeks have been so different than the first 8 weeks with Davis. However, hitting the 8 week mark felt like such an accomplishment both times. Babies are still fragile after 8 weeks and still require so much attention and care, but after 8 weeks you just feel like you're coming out of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment