Follow Me on Pinterest

Pages

My Family

My Family

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Germies Invade

Friday Morning, 10 a.m. Sick baby still in bed.




Hours later, curled up in my bed.


Life got a little rough(er) at the end of last week. Davis didn't want to get out of bed and was very lethargic Friday morning. I let him sleep in for a while before I got him up to check his temperature-- 102. We spent the morning in bed watching cartoons and me trying to get fluids in him. Hours later, after some tylenol, he was acting more like himself. The nurse said he'd probably be fine, but I decided to have him go in anyways since it was a Friday. Sweet Barron came home to take him in since I was also feeling really crummy myself, and had convinced my doctor to prescribe an antibiotic for me for a self-diagnosed sinus infection. I was also feeling flu-like and as if I was in the early stages of mastitis. B & D came back and it turned out Davis had strep throat! I was so glad he had gone in to be checked out, and then I was terrified of Davis having such a contagious virus and being around Jack. We've been having issues with Jack that have had me convinced he has reflux issues. At the one month appointment, our doctor told me he would grow out of it and really didn't think much of what I had to say. At any rate, I took Jack in on Saturday to make sure he wasn't sick as well (turns out infants can't catch strep) and to see about the reflux again. I met with a different doctor who agreed that Jack is dealing with reflux and she prescribed some medication. It takes a few days to see results, so we'll see how this goes. I'm very hopeful that this will help ease his pain. At any rate, Davis and I are both doing better and back to our "normal" selves.
Davis is rarely sick and it just breaks my heart to see him so pitiful. In the midst of all that's on my plate, I was so thankful to be able to curl up with him (and Jack) and love and care for him in those moments he needs it so much. I remember my mom's cool hand stroking my hot forehead all the times I was sick as a kid. I can't think of anything more comforting and soothing, and it was all I knew to do for my own son. That, and stay vigilant with the doctors, as my mama also taught me.






No comments:

Post a Comment